Re: Release update: base and standard frozen

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 11:22:47AM +1000, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> What I'm suggesting is a decision on testing transition that is based on the
> date that the version of the package entered unstable.  While that won't
> necessarily solve all our problems, it will at least solve the problem of
> buildd backlog possibly causing packages to miss the freeze (although that's
> arguably the maintainer's fault for not uploading early enough).  See
> libapache-mod-auth-mysql on ARM for reasons why it's not always the
> maintainer's fault, though...

I have seen several packages that were uploaded around a month ago that
haven't been built yet on various archs. libtheora on alpha, and jasper
on mipsel are two examples I know about. I finally had someone build
jasper on mipsel a couple days ago so that it wouldn't keep holding up
kdelibs. alpha isn't actually holding up libtheora because it has never
built on alpha before, but I wouldn't be surprised to see other packages
being held up for similar timespans. The overall installed stats on the
archs are still in a downward trend.

http://www.buildd.net/buildd/Installed_stats.png

It's a shame one of the few ports that is doing a good job keeping up
isn't going to be released with Sarge.

Chris

Current Needs-Build/Building/Dep-Wait:
i386	-  11
amd64	- 141 * dep-wait (96) is being used as a needs-porting field
ia64	- 229
s390	- 241
hppa	- 253
powerpc	- 274