Re: arm buildd

ucko@debian.org (Aaron M. Ucko) writes:

> Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> writes:
>
>> No, I think Aaron meant a plain porter upload, i.e.
>> audacity_1.2.1-4_arm.changes.
>
> Right; there's no need to bump the version *at all*, just feed the
> source package from the archive to dpkg-buildpackage (directly or via
> debuild) with the flags
>
> -B -kyour-key-id
>
> and upload the result.  I apologize if that was unclear.

Please never use just dpkg-buildpackage. If you do a manual build
invest the little extra time to let sanity checks run.

The easiest is using debuild (from devscripts). It is usefully to have
fakeroot, lintian and dh-buildinfo installed.

Also '-B -m"Your Name <your@email>"' is afaik the prefered way.

Another way (more work and afaik needs root) is using the sbuild
package, preferably with chroot, and letting it send the build log to
buildd.debian.org.

MfG
        Goswin