Re: sbuild package

On Friday 06 August 2004 16:51, Michael Banck wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 11:48:14AM +0300, George Danchev wrote:
> > Right, the wanna-build src package from cvs.linux-m68k.org must be
> > group-maintained at alioth. It still has no Build-Depends line in its
> > control file and still strictly build-depends by old packages like
> > python1.5 from stable. Also the sbuild deb produced by this src package
> > contains the tool of 'andrea' whereas the sbuild 0.30 from unstable
> > doesn't contain the andrea tool. I think that if we want two sbuild
> > packages for some reason (which reminds me about dinstall and
> > mini-dinstall), then the sbuild 0.30 package from unstable must be
> > renamed as mini-sbuild or sbuild-lite or similar, otherwise the sbuild
> > 0.30 in the unstable archive must be replaced by sbuild from wanna-build
> > src package (I'm not sure why it can not be a drop-in replacement :-/).
> > That wanna-build src package must produces the following debs:
> > wanna-build, buildd, sbuild, andrea (currently bundled within the sbuild
> > deb), quinn-diff, rbuild, and wanna-build-doc (upstreamed by
> > http://m68k.debian.org/buildd/abstract/node2.html). It would be nice if
> > this wanna-build thingie uses extensively debconf to ask for
> > configurations. Hm, where to find sources and docs for the dinstall (not
> > mini-dinstall) program?
>
> There are far too many 'must' in your post here.

Please, parse these 'musts' as'I think it should be', or take them as
suggestions of mine.

> The Debian buildd admins are the maintainers of these packages, and they
> have chosen to maintain them how they see fit. It's Free Software, so
> you are free to fork wanna-build every day, but don't expect the Debian
> buildd admins to use your code or the Debian project trying to make them
> to.

That's ok and I don't want to put the burden on Debian Project's heads... Wait
a minute... someone wants to learn something from the latest wanna-build
sources. Can I have the master or canonical location of the cvs/svn/arch repo
containing the latest  sources of wanna-build or I have to wait for alioth's
buildd-tools project to rise up ?

> If you want to improve on the packaging side, I suggest you pick up the
> work done by Roger Leigh and try to submit some well-contained patches
> to the buildd admins first. If that doesn't help, make your own packages
> and advertise them somewhere.

I'm only aware of that [1] Roger's work from these mail discussions [2].
Unfortunately [1] has been showing me error 403 for long time ago. Searching
more closely d-d archives [3] brings to me [4]... but how I am supposed to
know exactly <whatever the version is> sits on that url, without diging more
and more till meet [5]. doh.

[1] http://www.whinlatter.uklinux.net/buildd/
[2] http://mailman.nocrew.org/pipermail/buildd-disc/2002-September/000068.html
[3] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2004/06/msg00680.html
[4] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2004/06/msg00706.html
[5] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2004/08/msg00340.html

--
pub 4096R/0E4BD0AB  2003-03-18  <keyserver.bu.edu ; pgp.mit.edu>
fingerprint 1AE7 7C66 0A26 5BFF DF22 5D55 1C57 0C89 0E4B D0AB