Re: debian culture

> >   I repeat in a shorter way what I told in a too long mail before, there
> > should be a way to gather some groups having some knowledge and decision
> > power on some subjects, and those groups should have some "leader" that
> > is the man that make the final choice.  It has not to be very strict,
> > but I guess in the X-Strike force for example, there is the people that
> > make final choices, and the ones that follows.  for the apache guys too,
> > and so on.  Because perfect democracy is not efficient, somewhere a
> > group need to have a leader -- not necessarily the same for a long time
> > but still a leader.
>
> This will only work if the group agrees to accept said leader.  It
> won't work if you try to link five people and a leader together.  It
> will, however, work if you have one person feeling responsible for foo
> and finding five more people who would like foo to succeed and help.

  that's true.  and there is another problem : even if someone feels he
has sth to do, he has to be followed ;)

> >   IMHO the inefficiency in debian comes from the fact that there is few
> > 'rulers' (except the DPL, ftpmaster, and such quite respected people).
>
> There are a lot of rulers.  Nearly every maintainer is a ruler.

  it's obviously my point.  two many people have the same power in the
debian.  Then, you cannot find solutions to some problems, since when
two groups fights against the other, it's stuck.  The DPL cannot (and
IMHO has not to) be everywhere, and in any discussion.  Some
decentralization should be good I guess.

--
Pierre Habouzit                                   http://www.madism.org/