[OT] Re: debian culture

On Tuesday 03 August 2004 00:29, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> * Thomas Maurer (tma@hispeed.ch) [040802 23:57]:
> > Appeal to the common sense. Using his own sense is a condition for
> > living together in a liberal community. I guess we don't want a
> > dictatorial hierarchy, don't we?
>
> and we dont want anarchy
>
>   anarchy
>        n : a state of lawlessness and disorder (usually resulting from
>            a failure of government) [syn: {lawlessness}]
>
> either. there everyone has her own agenda and does what ever she
> sees fit. that results in confusion, corruption, loss of vision
> and selfishness.

The above definition of anarchy is plain wrong, it should drop the "and
disorder" part: anarchy is merely the absence of an enforced order it does
in no way exclude the existence of an emergent order (see for example
Gandhis thoughts on "enlightened anarchy)

That said, enlightened anarchy is an ideal, and thus probably unatainable.
--
Cheers, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)