Re: fighting spam || avoiding spam

On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 04:57:15PM +0200, Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es> was heard to say:
> On Tue, 8 Jun 2004, Daniel Burrows wrote:

> > > Sadly these people need to learn to stop sending mail from dynamically
> > > assigned IP addresses if they want to continue communicating by email
> > > with the rest of the internet in the coming years.
> >
> >   Sadly, not everyone can afford static IP addresses.
>
> You *don't* need to have a static IP address yourself to be able to
> relay your mail via a SMTP server which *has* a static IP address.

  I do; in fact, I send it through my ISP's server (Verizon) via
authenticated SMTP.  Evidently this is not enough to avoid the spam
vigilantes (motto: "amputate at the neck!").

  Daniel

|  There's nothing remarkable about it.  All one has to do is hit the right   |
|  keys at the right time and the instrument plays itself.                    |
|                  -- J.S. Bach                                               |
\------- Listener-supported public radio -- NPR -- http://www.npr.org --------/