Re: closing upstream bugs with debian/changelog

On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 06:32:33PM +1000, Herbert Xu wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 06:31:41PM +1000, Herbert Xu wrote:
> >
> > > Sadly, I do not have to do a double-take to understand that you have
> > > misinterpreted a compliment as a personal attack.
> >
> > I must say that you have a strange way of complimenting people...
>
> BTW, this is not a compliment to you in anyway.

Don't worry, I consider myself placed on notice that making such an
assumption without overwhelming evidence to the contrary would be
unwise.  :-/

In any case, let's review the original language to which you took
offense:

	In the above, anyone who cares to read the entry can clearly
	understand the justification for the bug's closure, and the
	maintainer/uploader clearly not simply closing irrelevant bugs
	with the Debian changelog out of laziness.

	"Herbert Xu would never do such a thing" is not a valid defense.  Our
	changelogs need to be accessible to those who are not aware of your
	reputation within the Debian Project.

...the obvious implication being that you have a reputation for anything
*but* laziness.

We might be able to communicate more effectively if you would accept
kind words in the spirit they're offered.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    One man's theology is another man's
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    belly laugh.