Re: Renaming GNUstep packages

On Sat, Apr 03, 2004 at 08:13:01PM -0500, Evan Prodromou wrote:
> I comprehend that there is a theoretical possibility of confusion on
> the part of users who somehow see the package name without reading the
> descriptions*. I think this is a remote possibility
[...]
> * The only way I can see this happening is if a user is running
> "apt-get install" blindly looking for packages, or scrolls down
> through thousands of packages in a package manager interface like
> synaptic, aptitude, or dselect, seeing the terminal package, ignoring
> the description (maybe by covering one eye?), and choosing it.

Permit me to offer, after literally years of personally disposing of
redundant questions with "read the package description", that this is
not only more than just a remote possibility, but the norm.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     When I die I want to go peacefully
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     in my sleep like my ol' Grand