Re: Release update

Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com> wrote:
> Alexander Schmehl wrote:
[...]
>> exim4     1051 Debian-exim    0u  IPv4   2428       TCP 127.0.0.1:smtp
>> (LISTEN)
> Not fam.
> Perhaps there should be some way to say "I don't actually receive SMTP mail
> on this machine, so don't run a server".
[...]

There is. QUEUERUNNER='queueonly' in /etc/default/exim4. Or you can
disable the daemon the usual way by modifying the runlevel symlinks.

You are aware that this exim4 is only listening on the loopback
interfcae, are you?
                cu andreas
--
NMUs aren't an insult, they're not an attack, and they're
not something to avoid or be ashamed of.