oldlibs & who determines Sections (was Re: raising severity of reports filed for packages build-depending on gcc-3.2

Adrian Bunk wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 09:11:56PM +0100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
>> What are your plans with gcc-3.0?  It seems there are only a few
>> build-depends on hppa.
>
> Let's check, it's used on hppa for:
> - kernel images
> - QT2
> - old fltk
>
> I don't know the status of building kernels with gcc 3.3 on hppa.
>
> On i386, there are only two packages in unstable that depend on QT2
> (vipec and gutenbrowser), so there might now be the time to completely
> remove QT2 from unstable?

Or rather, to move it to 'oldlibs'; it might be used by third-party
binaries.

Actually, I have a *lot* of candidates for 'oldlibs'... how does one go
about suggesting such moves?  Who's authoritative; is it the ftpmasters or
the package?

--
Make sure your vote will count.
http://www.verifiedvoting.org/