Re: udev device naming policy concerns

Goswin von Brederlow wrote:

> Miles Bader <miles@lsi.nec.co.jp> writes:
>
>> Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:
>> > So I'm all for sticking with maintaining devfs names.
>>
>> And I'm all against it.  (Whee!)
>
> Thats makes 1:1. Lets get more people to get a quorum.

I'm for providing "normal" names by default -- keeping compatibility with
various standards, stupid binaries, other distros, and old-time *nix users
-- with a easy conversion to devfs names made possible by swapping in a
different conffile (provided with the system).  :-)  But wait, wasn't that
what the udev maintainer agreed to do?  :-O

--
Make sure your vote will count.
http://www.verifiedvoting.org/