Re: New summary: Binary peripheral software

Thiemo Seufer wrote:

> J.D. Hood wrote:
> > (If we are distributing it then it isn't firmware.  I'll call
> > it 'peripheral software' until someone suggests a better term.)
>
> "detached firmware"

What about firmware that is executed on the host CPU?  We already have
some cases of that (not in Debian, I presume), and I consider this a
real problem.

--
Current mail filters: many dial-up/DSL/cable modem hosts, and the
following domains: postino.it, tiscali.co.uk, tiscali.cz, tiscali.it,