Re: ifupdown

According to Javier Fern?ndez-Sanguino Pe?a:
> On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 01:21:43PM -0500, Chip Salzenberg wrote:
> > According to Anthony Towns:
> > >
> > > Mmm. That'd be the people who don't understand how it works and can only
> > > "help" if it's rewritten from scratch [...]
> >
> > And would the presence of actual working patches to the current source
> > base suggest the existence of such understanding?  (cf. bug #235993)
>
> As a matter of fact that patch is not actually working

What's the symptom?  "It doesn't work" doesn't tell me much.

> have you tried to build a package with it? (Note: I have)

I built and installed a deb, as usual, before submitting the patch.
In fact my laptop is currently running with it ('0.6.4-4.6.0chip1').
--
Chip Salzenberg               - a.k.a. -               <chip@pobox.com>