Re: When does a conflict become outdated?

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 12:48:40PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Adrian Bunk]
> > E.g. last I checked, potato -> sarge breaks somewhere at the
> > app-defaults stuff in xlibs (an there might be many other
> > breakages).
>
> Eh, upgrades to sarge do not necessarily work at the moment.  I've
> seen, reported and fixed upgrade problems when I have given it a try,
> so I would not be surprised if there are still upgrade problems to be
> fixed.
>
> We need to do upgrade testing from Woody to Sarge before releasing
> Sarge, and fix the issues we find.

That's clear.

I was talking about potato -> sarge, not woody -> sarge.

BTW:

One of the reasons why I dislike the _very_ short time between the
actual freeze and the release in the current release plan is that this
will give only very limited time of the comple set of packages that will
comprise Debian 3.1, including only few time to identify and fix all
upgrade problems.

It might happen that some problems start shortly before the freeze.

cu
Adrian

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
                                       Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed