Re: testing and no release schedule

Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:

> The reason we don't like that is that freezes *suck*. If X is going to
> take five months to stabilise, and a new release of KDE comes out one
> month into that that takes just one month to stabilise, how does it
> make any sense to block an updated KDE? Or conversely?

But who has the power to foresee which one is going to take longer to
stabilise? How does that go together with the requests to not bring new
upstream version of major packages into unstable? - see for example the
thread starting with
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2004/debian-devel-200403/thrd3.html#01091

Regards, Frank

Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie