What to do with pending trivial bugfixes (was: [debian-devel] Re: Ancient architecture)

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 12:32:57 -0500, Clint Adams <schizo@debian.org>
wrote:
>> Even if you don't care about the buildd load, you should care about the
>> people who will download the new package to get the rather minor fix.
>> Fix the typo, mark it as "pending", and wait until there's a real reason
>> to upload. If the typo is the only outstanding bug, upload it when we
>> get close to a freeze, or something.
>
>I disagree.  It's better for bugs to be fixed in a timely fashion than
>to sit there tagged "pending" for a year and a half.

If somebody wants the fix, she can apply the patch herself. After
reading this discussion, I will try to put the patch I applied to the
package into the bug report in the BTS when tagging the bug pending.

Greetings
Marc