Giving up with SVN? [Re: Strange problems with svn.debian.org]

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:

> Jérôme Marant wrote:
>> I suspect some serious problems with haydn (svn.debian.org):
>>
>> $ cd /svn/pkg-emacs/db
>> $ ls -al
>> total 145264
>> ls: ldap-nss.c:3255: _nss_ldap_map_get: Assertion `map != ((void *)0)' failed.
>> Aborted
>>
>> Any idea about what's going on?
>
> As I've said before, this machine is not being sufficiently
> administered. It has been intermittently having the above problem since
> the day alioth was moved to it; I think the admins occasionally restart
> the nss/ldap stuff to work around the problem, but nothing seems to be
> done to fix the root cause. This just lost us one full day of commit
> access to the d-i svn repo.

Last week-end, Peter Palfrader helped me a lot with recovering the
repositiry.
Unfortunately, it has broken again the same way :-(

$ svn up
jerome@svn.debian.org's password:
svn: Berkeley DB error while opening environment for filesystem /svn/pkg-emacs/db:
Permission denied

jerome@haydn:~$ svnadmin recover /svn/pkg-emacs
Please wait; recovering the repository may take some time...
svn: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery

Help!

--
Jérôme Marant