Re: Release update

On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 10:30:51PM +0100, Steve Kemp wrote:
> > You mean that mention of nfs-common and portmap? I didn't see that the last
> > time I used the installer. If I had, I would have filed a bug about it.
> > If you do, please report it.
>
>   Yes and Exim.
>
>   However I confess I haven't installed Sarge, if it really is the
>  case that no (or v. minimal) networking services are installed out
>  of the box then I drop my suggestion entirely.
>
>   I have installed Woody an awful lot, and each time I do so I get
>  irritated by having to remove these things..

I don't recall having to remove RPC stuff in woody proper, only after
selecting 'traditional Unix server' in tasksel...

The MTA, yes, and also the three default inetd services.

> > Too many debconf questions is another slippery slope...
>
>   Agreed .. but having extraneous services installed by default is
>  another.

We don't seem to be going in that direction with services, though, rather
the opposite.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.