Re: Comments on debtakeover

Hi Tony,

On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 01:59:40PM -0800, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> Thanks for the debtakeover script!

You are welcome. =)

> The first problem I had was that the debootstrap needed ARCH specified in
> order to download anything. I just modified debootstrap to do that to get
> the files downloaded.

That should have already been made when building debootstrap.

> After that the install went pretty good, until I guess it got finished,
> and ld-linux.so.2 could not be found. I got around that by cat
> /lib/ld-2.3.2.so > /lib/ld-linux.so.2, and then had debian running. Then I
> reinstalled some base packeges like libc6 to be sure had all the necessary
> files.

Ok that's fixed now, it was trying to do some nice logging but then the
libraries and the linker were not avilable anymore. :>

> Then I finally figured out what had gone wrong in the debtakeover script.
> Here's the related part:

> # mv -f /etc/rc1.d /etc/rc1.d.disabled
> # ln -s /etc/rc2.d /etc/rc1.d

Ok, that was pretty braindamaged, I've removed this.

> Don't know where that should be fixed, but just my 2c worth in case anybody
> else is having similar problems :)

Thanks for your report, and sorry for the bugs.

New release 0.7 available on:

	<http://www.hadrons.org/~guillem/debian/debtakeover/>

regards,
guillem