Re: font problem with emacs and XFree 4.3.0-5

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 06:09:03PM -0500, Shaya Potter wrote:
> [please cc me on responses]
>
> I'm having serious font problem w/ emacs since I updated my X
> installation.
[...]
> this is how it looks now on my box.
> http://www1.cs.columbia.edu/~spotter/emacs-ugly.png

These look to me like the cloven hoof-prints of the abysmal Type1
rasterizer in X.

This is more an issue for debian-user, but rearranging what you see when
you...

$ grep FontPath /etc/X11/XF86Config-4

...might help.

Namely, try sticking the Type1 path at the end of the list, or comment
it out entirely.  That will help determine if my hypothesis is on the
right track.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     I suspect Linus wrote that in a
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     complicated way only to be able to