Re: Freeside: L<Perlfunc/"time"> problem

Bao C Ha <bao@hacom.net> writes:

> I am trying to install freeside, both the 1.4.1 and the 1.5.0 beta, in a
> Debian SID machine. I keep getting the following error:

> /usr/bin/pod2html: ./FS/FS/cust_bill.pm: cannot resolve L<perlfunc/"time"> in paragraph 25.
> /usr/bin/pod2html: ./FS/FS/cust_bill.pm: cannot resolve L<perlfunc/"time"> in paragraph 196.

> Is my perl installation in Debian bad? I tried both both Perl 5.8.3 and
> 5.6.1.  "perldoc -f time" works!

This is a common error when running pod2html, and it just means that
pod2html couldn't find the right HTML file to make an external link to.
It means that the links in the resulting HTML page will not be as useful
as they otherwise would.

It's very difficult to get this right unless you're careful how you run
pod2html, have the right cache files, and so forth.  It's also fairly
harmless.  It doesn't indicate a problem with your Perl installation.