Re: [debian-printing] Packaging of vendor PPD files.

Francesco P. Lovergine escribió:

On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 12:01:12PM +0100, Per Olofsson wrote:
On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 06:16 +0100, Bernd S. Brentrup wrote:
btw: the CD accompanying my Kyocera-Mita FS1020DN contains PPDs for
almost all Kyocera printers I know of (all MIT-licensed), they might
be included as well.
Many free PPDs are available at
<http://www.linuxprinting.org/download/PPD/>, including Epson and
Kyocera drivers. Perhaps all of these should be put in a package, such
as cupsys-ppds?

There are already many ppd collections:

foomatic-filters-ppds
cupsomatic-ppd
gnustep-ppd
hp-ppd
lpr-ppd
printfilters-ppd

and others. Probably we need to define a policy issue about where those
files should be kept. They are already spread around the tree in many
different directories.

Yes, this is very important. We would have all the drivers in the same directory ( or a path to the cups-ppd-drivers in a general printing configuration file).

Regards.