Re: *UNAPPROVED* dpkg nmu

* Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> [2004-02-28 09:45]:
>  own. You do not know). And there is no reason why the meeting could
>  not have been announced on  d-d-a, or d-d, and people could have
>  contributed ideas to be discussed.

BTW, I just remembered that it was indeed mentioned on d-d-a:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2004/debian-devel-announce-200402/msg00006.html
    Since Wichert Akkerman will attend this meeting, I have also invited
    some Debian developers to discuss the bi-arch issue and find out how
    it could be implemented best.

(Yes, the original plan was to just discuss bi-arch, but after talking
to Wichert we agreed it makes sense to discuss the status of dpkg in
general as well.)

[I realize that we should've mailed -dpkg explictly to ask for more feeback and
let people know; there wasn't a specific reason it wasn't done; however, the
text above mailed to d-d-a is quite public (as to "backdoor and secret
meeting") and people could've commented.]
--
Martin Michlmayr
leader@debian.org