On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 03:44:05PM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:

> > So it's better to have other people waste *my* time then? (Because I waste
> > my time as others do because those are unresponsive or don't do their work
> > subjectively?)
> And my time and Wouters time and Martin Loschwitzes time and the time
> of the maintainers of the other 79 packages being stuck in sarge and
> the time of countless users that wonder why their favourite package is
> still stuck in sid. Woah, thats a lot of time all of a sudden.

Yeah, quite amazing this definition of "wasting everyones time"... ;=)

> If we can come to an agreement that just prevents one of those
> occasions from hapening in the future I thing we saved enough time to
> counterbalance this flame.

I thought we already had some? TBM acts as a mediator for communication,
right?

> > When they would do their work, nobody would complain. But there are
> > complaints. Still there was no reasoning of Ryan why qt-x11-free wasn't
> > built for about a month, although it is his work as a buildd admin to ensure
> > the packages to get built. When he can't deal with that, he has to accept
> > unnice questions about it.
> qt-x11-free is in weak_no_auto_build on Ryans autobuilder. It will

Yeah, I told you so just after a few days, that this is most likely the
case. ;))

> only be build when it runs idle otherwise. That simply hasn't been the
> case all this time.

weak-no-auto-build makes sense for m68k f.e. to prevent large packages being
built on slower buildds and maybe timeout then after 5 days.
When there's only one buildd, this is definitely no good idea - or the
buildd admin needs to watch his buildd very closely.

> > Running a seperate w-b produces extra work for others, such as ftp-masters.
> > This is not the way to go. M68k had its own w-b back then and it was
> > shutdown for that reason.
> It would also still need access to the accepted/autobuild repository
> for the normal efficient operation which is also controled by, guess
> who, James.
> Running ones own wanna-build is just a patchwork fix for the larger
> problem, not a real solution.

Right.

--
Ciao...              //