[Martin Michlmayr]
> The big question is whether having many people per arch actually
> scales.  As you know, I'm not a buildd admin myself so I'm speaking
> based on 2nd hand knowledge, but I have heard one argument for few
> admins which I found pretty convincing.  In many cases, FTBFS are
> the same across different architectures (e.g. missing
> build-depends).  If there is one person who deals with 5
> architectures, then he'll see the problem on all arches, report it
> once and know that it has been reported.  If there are 10 people,
> everyone has to look at the BTS to find out whether it has been
> reported already, therefore wasting time.  Still, redundancy is
> certainly good, and I have e.g. seen buildd maintainers take over
> other arches while someone is on holidays.

I'm not sure how valid this argument is.  After getting a few protests
that I was reporting FTBS bugs too soon, I try to wait 20 days before
I report build problems on the packages I care about.  And there are
always some of these bugs that are not reported within 20 days, so
there can not be too much wasted effort checking BTS and reporting
FTBFS bugs going on.

As for the packages I care about, the list is currently on
<URL:http://developer.skolelinux.no/info/cdbygging/distdiff.html.gz>. :)