Re: Packages still using old-style debconf

On Sat, Feb 07, 2004 at 10:08:33AM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Martin Quison did a great job at writing a script which finds all
> packages currently not using po-debconf for debconf templates.

> Some translation teams have made a great job at providing patches to
> these packages maintainers so that they can easily swith to the "now
> not so new" po-debconf way of handling debconf templates and their
> translations.

> I begin to consider that package maintainers which didn't yet switch
> to po-debconf are either maintainers who don't really care about their
> packages, MIA maintainers or maintainers who don't really care about
> i18n.

> Please, if one of your package is listed there, prove me wrong...:-)

> http://graal.ens-lyon.fr/~mquinson/debian/switch/

<grunt>

New version of myodbc is uploaded.  Fixed freetds package will be
uploaded after I've synced with the latest upstream release.

I think there would be a stronger case for these maintainers being MIA
if bugs had been filed on all of the packages, reminding us that they
weren't using po-debconf yet. ;)

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer