Re: apt experimental breaks w/ webcaching (was Re: apt 0.6 in experimental)

Anthony DeRobertis wrote:

> Is it possible that I'm getting outdated copies of the Packages.gz and
> Sources.gz file, possible due to my webcache? Yes, taking out the proxy
> in /etc/apt/apt.conf fixes this.

Using apt-proxy results in the same problem, by the way.

I don't think this is a bug in those proxies, strictly speaking.
Nothing in HTTP/1.1 guarantees that if you fetch a set of resources,
this set is consistent from an application view.  *sigh*