Re: BTS slow?

On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 02:43:10PM +0100, A Mennucc wrote:
> Anthony Towns wrote:
> >On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 10:31:50AM +1000, Andrew Pollock wrote:
> >>Is it just me, or is the BTS painfully slow to act on mail sent to
> >>it lately (i.e. post compromise)?
> >
> >Yes, it is; there's some mail processing problems that seem to be due
> >to the stuff we're using to filter out spams.
>
> these affects other usages as well: both reportbug and
> debian/changelog in emacs hang a lot when they retrieve the bugs

That was actually independent; I think at the time master's load had
gone through the roof due to some runaway mhonarc processes for the list
archives.

I believe that the BTS delays have now been resolved by a change in the
way we process incoming mail that lets us have exim deliver mail
immediately without effectively forkbombing master when a big run of
spam arrives. According to James Troup the exim queue is down to 8300
from 18700, and the BTS' spam-scanning queue is currently sitting at
around 2000.

Thanks to all those who reported problems.

Cheers,