Re: ITP: powervr -- PowerVR XFree86 drivers and kernel modules

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 03:22:40PM +0100, Piotr Roszatycki wrote:
> Package: wnpp
> Severity: wishlist
>
> * Package name    : powervr
>   Version         : 2.01.21-7
>   Upstream Author : linux_bugs@powervr.com <linux_bugs@powervr.com>
> * URL             : http://www.powervr.com/Downloads/Drivers/Index.asp
> * License         : Restricted
>   Description     : PowerVR XFree86 drivers and kernel modules
>
>  The Imagination Technologies Linux Driver kit provides 2D and 3D
>  acceleration for PowerVR KYRO family of graphics chips running in 16
>  and 32 bpp depths.  The drivers are based on the standard DRI mechanism
>  shipped with XFree86 > 4.0.

I'm not going to deal with the licensing issues, which have already been
addressed on -legal, but I will request that if you do end up packaging
this, that you subscribe to the debian-x mailing list so that you can
participate in discussios that may impact the way your package
technologically integrates with other X Window System-related packages,
particularly XFree86 itself.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    I reverse the phrase of Voltaire,
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    and say that if God really existed,