Re: Debian Debconf Translation proposal ( again )

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 08:35:14PM +0100, Dominique Devriese wrote:

> You can argue about the numbers, of course, there are a lot of
> packages without templates etc., but I don't think you'll be able to
> get lower than, say 2000 bugs per language per release.  I don't think
> it is realistic to expect such amounts of work from translators.

Well, you can always have this central translation system you're
proposing file the bugs for you.  If at some point it turns out to be
a good idea to change the way bugs get pushed into packages then

This was the scheme that came out of the DDTP discussion - translations
would be coordindated and made avaliable by the DDTP team.  If they
weren't picked up by maintainers after say a month then a bug would be
filed.  The bug reporting is separated from the translation itself in
this scheme and may not even be required.  By allowing multiple
translations to be coalesced into one report this would also help
address the problem that you fear exists where a deluge of bug reports
could overwhelm maintainers.

I really thing it would be worth your while to go through the archives
for the DDTP thread - we just seem to going over issues that were
covered in detail then.