Re: World Domination Plan - phase debtakeover

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 01:30:46PM +0100, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 01:23:20PM +0100, David Weinehall wrote:
> > Oh, and support for Solaris, AIX (the problem of course being that at
> > least AIX 4 JFS != (AIX 5 JFS == OS/2 JFS == Linux JFS),
>
> And although Linux JFS and AIX JFS2 are based on the same codebase the
> ondisk format is incompatible (Linux JFS is little endia on disk,
> AIX JFS2 is always native endia on disk, so BE for the RS/6000 version
> and LE for the never released IA64 version)
>
> > Irix (XFS
> > shouldn't be a problem),
>
> XFS v1 directories as used by older IRIX systems aren't working for
> Big Endian Linux systems currently..
>
> > HP/UX (dunno what the default file system is),
> > etc would be nice too.
>
> HP-UX comes either with a UFS variant (they call it HFS IIRC), that's
> support by the Linux UFS driver (as far as you can supported for that
> buggy POS..), or VxFS that they call JFS, though.  It's not yet
> supported bu the freevxfs driver, but I have a paric box now, so this
> might change at one point.

Ahhh, a nice naming merry-go-round, just to confuse everyone...

I just came up with a better idea, as far as support for non-Linux,
though: we must of course support migration from SCO's Unices... ;-)

Regards: David Weinehall
--
 /) David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /) Northern lights wander      (\
//  Maintainer of the v2.0 kernel   //  Dance across the winter sky //