Re: Request for NMUs.

On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 10:23:45PM -0500, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> If I were a DD, I might do all of these myself -- or I might not, since
> this is a *long* list.  Perhaps developers could claim a few of these at
> a time?

If these bugs are fixed by the time you see them, or you want
not-so-straightforward nmus, please remember that the bts can show you
all rc bugs tagged patch:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?which=tag&data=patch&archive=no&pend-exc=pending-fixed&pend-exc=fixed&pend-exc=done&sev-inc=critical&sev-inc=grave&sev-inc=serious

Currently 4 critical, 35 grave and 89 serious.
128 RC bugs just waiting for their package maintainers to do their duty
:(

Other interesting stats about rc bugs from the bts (particularly
interesting considering what I wrote in that last email on this thread):

non-archived Patched RC bugs:

Outstanding -  128
Pending 12
Fixed in NMU - 321
Fixed by maintainer - 97 (this will include some orphaned packages with
maintainer set as qa)

This looks very bad - over 3/4 of RC bugs with patches have maintainers
who are either too busy to apply a patch, MIA, or something else.
It would be interesting to see how long bugs have the patched tag before
they are fixed on average

On a less-gloomy note, many rc bugs fixed by the maintainer don't have
the patch tag, so don't appear in these figures. Most NMUs are done for
reports which do have the patch tag.

--
  .''`. Mark Howard
 : :' :