Re: LCC and blobs

Brian Thomas Sniffen <bts@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> I don't believe policy or the SC does expand on what "requires"
> means.  This is the only self-consistent explanation I've seen which
> allows Debian to ship a usable OS.  Have you another?

The parsimonious explanation is that the issue wasn't thought about in
that much detail when the social contract was written. The archives tend
to support this. The obvious thing to do here is not to attempt to find
a way that we can interpret the SC that makes sense - the obvious thing
to do here is to decide what we want the SC to say and then change it so
that it matches that desire.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.legal@srcf.ucam.org