Re: Article about apt-build

On Wed, Dec 22, 2004 at 10:23:08PM -0500, Chasecreek Systemhouse wrote:
> My question to you is -- Would building all source from Debian scratch
> myself using apt-build make my system more stable and faster?  Or
> would I be prone to sending you funny e-mails after I've destroyed my
> server?  =)

If you build from unaltered sources you would also get the same
optimisations.

If you alter the sources to include more aggressive optimization, you
get untested binaries which may or may not work as those distributed by
Debian.

Regards, David

--
  * Customer: "My palmtop won't turn on."
  * Tech Support: "Did the battery run out, maybe?"