udev upgrade should kill running udevd

Hello.

I'm not sure it this a bug in udev or not, so I decided just to write this
message instead of reporting bug against udev.

I've just spent an hour or two trying to find out why udev stopped working
for me. The symptom was: I inserted an usb mass-storage device, but no
entries in /dev got created. In past it worked, but probably udev package
was upgraded since then (without reboot).

After some exploration I found that the reason of failure was running udevd
(started on Dec 2 - definitly before last udev package upgrade). Killing
that one solved the situation: next time device was inserted, a new
instance of udevd was started that created all /dev entries as expected.

So probably upgrade procedure should kill any stale udevd process?