having trouble with xdm/xfs 4.3.0.dfsg.1-9?

[Followups set to debian-x.]

Hi folks,

I just wanted to bring the following information to the attention of those
who may be frustrated by problems with the latest xdm and xfs packages.

[...]
   [14 December] XFree86 4.3.0.dfsg.1-9 sneaked out with a couple of
   small but annoying bugs in it. Specifically, the xdm and xfs packages
   suffer from some bad shell syntax in conffiles. Fabio and I plan to
   release what it is currently on the SVN trunk as 4.3.0.dfsg.1-10 in a
   couple of days. In the meantime, you can grab fixes (in unified diff
   format) for the [14]xdm bug and the [15]xfs bug from the archives of
   the debian-x mailing list.

  14. http://lists.debian.org/debian-x/2004/12/msg00411.html
  15. http://lists.debian.org/debian-x/2004/12/msg00410.html
[...]

The above is from the X Strike Force news page.  If you use Debian X Strike
Force-maintained packages from testing or unstable, please bookmark the
following site:

http://necrotic.deadbeast.net/xsf/XFree86/NEWS.xhtml

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      The greatest productive force is
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      human selfishness.