Re: lintian warning about /usr/X11R6/lib

Neil Roeth <neil@debian.org> wrote:
> One of my packages, xfonts-kapl, installs fonts to
> usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts, as it should, according to policy 11.8.5. I
> get a lintian warning that nothing should install to /usr/X11R6/lib
> unless it uses imake, and that is just reflecting policy 11.8.7.
> Seems like those two section contradict each other;

Afaict 11.8.7 is more concerned about /usr/X11R6/{lib,bin,sbin,share}.

> where should the fonts go?  If they are already going to the proper
> place, am I getting the warning because I forgot something else, or
> is it a lintian bug?

Imho it is a lintian bug, as long as our implementation of the
X-Window System lives in /usr/X11R6 the fonts will have to stay there.
             cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"