Re: charsets in debian/control

On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 09:26:57AM +0900, Mike Hommey wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 09:54:36AM +1100, Paul Hampson <Paul.Hampson@anu.edu.au> wrote:
> > Isn't there a proposal around for
> > Description#en: <English text>
> > Description#ja: <Japanese text>

> And you'd advocate to write the English text in latin1 and the japanese
> text in euc-jp ?
> Let's make it clear: 1 text file, 1 encoding.

No, I'm advocating the whole thing be UTF-8, to support the
above sensibly. Sorry I wasn't clearer. -_-;

(On the other hand, I'd _love_ to see rules files written
in other languages, as long as the programs being called have
manpages in English. ^_^)

--
Paul "TBBle" Hampson, Paul.Hampson@Anu.edu.au

Shorter .sig for a more eco-friendly paperless office.