Re: RFC: common database policy/infrastracture

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004, sean finney wrote:

On Sat, Nov 20, 2004 at 06:23:46PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
deb http://people.debian.org/~seanius/policy/examples/ ./
deb-src http://people.debian.org/~seanius/policy/examples/ ./
More questions on your version 0.7:

 - I asked in previous mail what to do for PostgreSQL support.  While
   having a quick view on the code I wonder if just using a variable
   for the database server most of the code could be shared between
   databases servers.  Is this to naive?
 - The application I want to package (GnuMed) has a bootstrapping
   script using a configuration file which cares for installation
   of several SQL code files in the correct sequence.  This
   bootstrap script has to know the database administrator password.
   Formerly I did this the following way

     db_get gnumed/pgsql/admin-pass
     insert_passwd_into_temporary_config_file $RET
     bootstrap_gnumed_database --config temporary_config_file
     rm temporary_config_file

   My problem is now: How to address gnumed/pgsql/admin-pass in
   your dbconfig-common framework?

Kind regards

          Andreas.

--