Re: packaging (random) content in Debian

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:
On Tuesday 30 November 2004 15.33, John Goerzen wrote:

FWIW, I think other Free historical documents of great interest would be
fine in Debian.

FWIW, I think not.

IMHO Debian should concentrate on providing a good system of packaged software. Other projects (such as Wikiwhatever?) should concentrate on providing good content (offline versions of this content should be available, yes, and IIRC some work is starting in that area.)

a)For those who haven't tried it, 'bible-kjv' is actually a program and not just a text dump of the bible[it actually depends on a text dump, but lots of programs depend on data providing packages]. The bible study programs are presumably even more programmy, but I haven't tried them.

b)as an agnostic who thinks the bible is mostly fantasy with some historical fiction, I have bible-kjv installed and have used it in the past and found it useful, especially since I don't have (easy) access to a dead tree version.