new libtiff in experimental

To all --

A new version of libtiff (3.7.0-1) has been uploaded to experimental.
This version is binary compatible with the one in sid, so there's no
need to worry about big library transition problems. :-)

The version in experimental is actually more like an alpha of 3.7.1
than a true 3.7.0.  It includes several bug fixes and performance
enhancements over 3.6.1 and is actually a 3.7.0 release with several
updates from upstream's CVS.

I would be grateful if people who use a lot of imaging tools and,
especially, if people who maintain packages that depend upon libtiff
would give this a try.  Problems should, of course, be reported
through the bug tracking system.  If you do some testing and find that
things work, particularly if you are a maintainer of a package that
depends upon libtiff, it would be great if you could send me email
letting me know.  Be sure in particular to mention if anything works
better.  Such reports will be the basis of deciding when will upload a
new libtiff to unstable.  Upstream expects to release 3.7.1 within one
to two weeks.

Again, I must emphasize that this version of libtiff should be
compatible with what is in sid/sarge now, so installing it should not
break anything, and you can always downgrade if it does.  Thanks!

--
Jay Berkenbilt <ejb@ql.org>
http://www.ql.org/q/