Re: Finding an improved release process.

Julien BLACHE wrote:
Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:
So in a nutshell, my concern is:
A) testing/unstable will be broken and some stage.
stable's broken too -- tilp 5.03-1 fails to purge because of a bad
interaction between "echo" and debconf apparently, eg; but (almost)
I provided a fixed package, but it was rejected as the problem
wasn't critical enough. Go figure.

(The reason I picked tilp was because Julien's message noticing the problem was the first one I came across when looking through my archives. The fix wasn't accepted before the release since it wasn't a particularly severe problem, the email was dated a few days before the release happened, and the fix wasn't actually uploaded. I imagine it wouldn't've been accepted after the release because it wasn't a security problem or similar)

Cheers,
aj