Re: Documentation for upstream software authors
Another thing that came to my mind as well:
- Don't leave spurious CVS/Subversion files/directories
- Don't use links (neither symbolic or hard)
- Don't include binary files if possible but their source and add
rules to compile them.
- provide good build and install targets in the Makefile
- don't hardcode paths but have them configurable at compile-time
We all know Linux is great... it does infinite loops in 5 seconds.
-- Linus Torvalds
Please always Cc to me when replying to me on the lists.