Re: Several X applications refuse to start
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cc: Debian Developers <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Several X applications refuse to start
- From: Andreas Tille <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 11:13:31 +0100 (CET)
- Message-id: <Pine.LNX.4.61.0411031110040.15842@wr-linux02>
- In-reply-to: <418131A1.email@example.com>
- References: <Pine.LNX.4.61.0410272028200.2082@wr-linux02> <20041028084053.GF25937@paranoidfreak.co.uk> <Pine.LNX.4.61.0410281246100.12519@wr-linux02> <418131A1.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, Sean Perry wrote:
2) this looks like a font issue (as you mentioned) try forcing the app to
load 'fixed' as its font.
Using emacs with fixed font works and I also found the problem which is
descirbed in #279380. I think this bug is worth to be increased in
severity but strangely the effect I observed on my laptop does not
occure on other installations. I'd like to aks some "font-experts"
if the remaining fonts.* files might make other applications crash and
which further circumstances lead to this result. At least at my laptop
was the removal of these files successful.