Re: Release-critical Bugreport for October 22, 2004

On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 09:51:45AM -0700, Joe Buck wrote:

> For people who care about getting sarge out, it's not useful to put out
> a report listing 726 bugs, only 150 of which matter, in a form that
> makes it rather difficult to cleanly extract only the 150 that matter.
> How about putting out a regular version, every week or so until release,
> listing only the sarge-affecting bugs?  It will be about 1/5 the size
> of the message I am replying to.

Notice also that some bugs which only relate to experimental (i.e. tag =
'experimental') are counted in those 150. So the correct bug count could be
a little bit lower.

FWIW I agree with you that the mail could be (in release time) trimmed down
to only bugs affecting the release.

Regards

Javier

PS: Yes, I already mailed bugscan@debian.org