Re: Reproducible, precompiled .o files: what say policy+gpl?

I know this thread has progressed beyond the actual situation
I asked about, but I wanted to just throw in my opinion too.

On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 09:13:24AM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> A program is IMHO not only specified by the fact that it does certain
> transformations from input to output, but also by the speed it does
> this. If this specification can be matched by gcc, why consider using
> icc at all? And if not, it requires icc.

This is now also my point of view.

When I started this thread, I also _felt_ that contrib was the correct
place for my application, but didn't really know why. Now I can explain
it better. The proposal of keeping one version in main and one in contrib
also addresses my concern about usability.

So, I am happy with the outcome of this discussion already. =)

--
Wesley W. Terpstra