Re: Updating scanners and filters in Debian stable (3.1)

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 12:09:01 +0100, paddy <paddy@panici.net> wrote:
>On Sun, Oct 10, 2004 at 02:50:35PM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
>> The clean way would be to build .deb files from the downloaded
>> plugins, and to install them via the package management.
>
>I don't believe that everything can, will and should go into package
>management. (although that may be the answer in this case).
>
>I can only imagaine that such debs would best live on volatile.

I didn't think about uploading the debs in the first place. They would
be built locally on the target machine and then installed; their sole
purpose being to register the installed files with the package
management.

Greetings
Marc

Nordisch by Nature | Lt. Worf, TNG "Rightful Heir" |