Re: Transitioning to Mozilla Firefox 1.0PR
- To: Eric Dorland <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: Vittorio Palmisano <email@example.com>, Andrew Lau <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Mike Hommey <email@example.com>, Jordi Mallach <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Johannes Rohr <email@example.com>, Javier Carranza <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Aurelien Jarno <email@example.com>, Jacobo Tarrio <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Tatsuki Sugiura <email@example.com>, Tollef Fog Heen <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Robert Luberda <email@example.com>, Recai Oktas <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Eugeniy Meshcheryakov <email@example.com>, Alan Woodland <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Colin Watson <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Transitioning to Mozilla Firefox 1.0PR
- From: Johannes Rohr <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 14:02:44 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] 416E6AE4.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <20041003151758.GA3700@nightcrawler.kuroneko.ca>
- References: <20040926224207.GW4023@nightcrawler.kuroneko.ca> <415DB28F.email@example.com> <20041003151758.GA3700@nightcrawler.kuroneko.ca>
[Cc'ing to debian-devel. Maybe others want to comment on this. Firefox
1.0x is currently kept out of Sid/Sarge because most translations are
not yet available. Therefore Sarge is likely to be released with Firefox
the latest news from my upstream is, that they are not going to release
a locale package for firefox 0.10 at all. They say they are going to
release Firefox 10 RC1 instead which is due 18 October.
Now, I understand that many other locale packagers have similar probs.
What does this mean? What is less unfortunate? Releasing Debian with a
totally unsupported development release of firefox or dump the
not-yet-updated locale packages instead?
Personally I'd rather have mozilla-firefox-locale-de removed from Sarge
in order to get Firefox 1.0 in! The localization can still be installed
through firefox' extension manager anyway.