Re: Brazil Summer Time

At Wed, 13 Oct 2004 15:50:44 -0300,
Rosilene Oliveira wrote:
> I'd like to know if there is a version to convert the time of
> application Debian 3.0 to Brazil summer time.
> We use the version 3.0, its time has changed to summer time, but here,
> in Brazil, we haven't changed the time yet. It wil change at November 2nd.
> I wait for help.

Timezone is defined in libc6 package: look at /usr/share/zoneinfo/ and
glibc source timezone/sourthamerica.  However, it's hard to update
woody's glibc - at least I have no plan to update it for woody.

BTW, I've duploaded the glibc 2.3.2.ds1-18 which includes the latest
timezone data with Brazilian summer time changes.  That version should
go to sarge, so this problem will be fixed in sarge/sid.

<shrug>Brazilian goverment does not announce summer time changes early
in every year.</shrug>

Regards,
-- gotom