Re: discover or alsa?

On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 10:57, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Thomas Hood]
> Isn't this only a problem with discover1?  I thought discover (v2) had
> a mechanism to detect if OSS or ALSA was used.

If there is such a mechanism then it isn't working.

> It is probably better to discuss this with the discover1 and discover
> (v2) maintainers and authors over at debian-boot and discover-workers.

The discover maintainers ended that discussion with a decision not to
fix the bug in discover1.  The bug _may_ be fixed in discover at some
time in the future, presumably post-sarge.  The remaining question is
how alsa should deal with this situation.  Conflict with discover[1]?
Add a paragraph to the alsa-base README telling how to fix the problem
by hand?  Add code to the alsa initscript which rmmods OSS modules?
--
Thomas Hood